When to Use the Honda Econ Button
Honda models are among the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road and have been named among Car and Driver’s 10 Best. However, that Econ Button in your Honda CR-V, or other Honda model, can help to increase fuel ratings even more than you’re used to. But what is it and when should you use it? Tri-State Honda Dealers has more information to help you use it to its full advantage.
Using Honda’s Econ Button
The Econ Button helps your Honda perform more efficiently on the road by changing the way certain features on your vehicle operate.
- Throttle Response – When the Econ button is activated, the throttle slows down at the rate that your vehicle increases in speed, which saves on fuel consumption. For better performance, the speed remains unaffected at very slow or very high speeds.
- Cruise Control – When your vehicle is in cruise control, the Econ mode will restrict its ability to downshift into a lower gear, which increases its efficiency.
- Air Conditioning – The Econ mode will also make the air conditioning more efficient. Once the cabin initially cools off, the air conditioning will shut off more frequently and blow air more slowly.
- Transmission – The Econ mode will alter the shift points in your Honda’s transmission, which distributes power more efficiently throughout the car.
When You Shouldn’t Use the Econ Button
The Econ Button greatly increases your Honda’s efficiency and saves on fuel consumption, but because the Econ mode affects some of your vehicle’s operations, there are times when you should restrict its use. For example, when in cruise control, the Econ mode will remain in a higher gear, but if you’re heading up a steep incline, you’ll want to take your vehicle out of the Econ mode for better performance. Other times you might want to restrict the use of the Econ mode include:
- On very hot days
- When merging onto the highway
- On dangerous roads.
If none of these variables come into play while you’re driving, feel free to enjoy your Honda Civic Econ mode to the fullest.
Find Out More
Find out more information on the Econ Button by contacting us or by visiting your nearest Tri-State Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and leasing specials, and sit behind the wheel of the model that is right for you with a test drive today.