Back-to-School Cars for Tri-State Students
It’s time to head back to school, and for parents sending their kids off to college in the Tri-State area, that means it’s time to find the best back-to-school car for your student. Whether they head to Eastern Kentucky University, Ohio University, or West Virginia State, a student has some of the same needs in a new car: great gas mileage, low pricing, and room for their friends.
Add the latest high-tech gadgets to that list, and we think that sounds a lot like a Honda—and so did Kelley Blue Book. They named three Honda models to their list of the 10 Best Back-to-School Cars of 2016,* with the 2016 Honda Fit in the top spot. Let’s see how the three vehicles will fit your student.
2016 Honda HR-V
The 2016 Honda HR-V is a compact crossover that’s just as comfortable in the city as out in the country. Available with all-wheel drive at each trim level and featuring the ride height and stability of an SUV, there’s a lot to love about the latest addition to the Honda lineup.
- Price: Priced at $19,215 (MSRP),** the 2016 HR-V LX 2WD 6MT is one of the most affordably priced crossovers on the market.
- Fuel Economy: 2016 HR-V 2WD models with the available CVT earn an EPA-estimated 35 mpg on the highway,*** so your student shouldn’t have to dip into the pizza fund for a trip home.
- Interior Space: Honda’s compact crossover is anything but, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space. When it’s time to move that mini-fridge into the dorm, fold down the rear seats and take advantage of up to 58.8 cubic feet of cargo space.
2016 Honda Civic
The Civic has been a presence on college campuses for decades, and the 2016 Honda Civic looks eager to continue that reputation as a go-to college car with pricing, fuel economy, and features like these:
- Price: The 2016 Civic LX Sedan is priced at $18,640 (MSRP).****
- Fuel Economy: The 2016 Civic EX-T features a turbocharged engine and earns an EPA-estimated 42 mpg on the highway, while standard 2016 Civic LX Sedans are rated at an EPA-estimated 41 highway mpg with a CVT.***
- Features: Keep your kid connected on the go with standard Bluetooth for phone and audio. A multi-angle rearview camera gives them an extra set of eyes when backing up. Upgrade features like Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Honda Sensing safety technologies mark the Civic as state-of-the-art.
- Spacious Interior: The Civic is technically a small car, but with 97.8 cubic feet of space for five passengers to get comfortable in, there’s more than enough room for friends.
2017 Honda Fit
Since KBB.com crafted their list, Honda updated their hatchback and released the 2017 Honda Fit to Tri-State Honda Dealers, and it’s already made an impression. With strengths like these, we think it’s easy to see why Kelley Blue Book named it their best back-to-school car:
- Price: Priced at $15,990 (MSRP),**** the 2017 Honda Fit LX gives drivers modern features, a spacious cabin, and a sporty design.
- Fuel Economy: Save on trips home thanks to the 2017 Fit LX CVT EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 40 highway mpg and 33 city mpg.*****
- Features: Bluetooth phone and audio, a multi-angle rearview camera, and an in-dash LCD display are standard, while upgrades like navigation and a Display Audio touchscreen brand the Fit as a truly modern car for students.
- Interior Volume: With seating for up to five, 95.7 cubic feet of passenger space, and the Honda Magic Seat (configurable in four different arrangements for cargo and comfort), the Fit is ready for whatever your student needs.
Find Your Student’s Back-to-School Car
Eastern Kentucky, Southern Ohio, and West Virginia drivers, bring your students to Tri-State Honda Dealers to find the best back-to-school cars. With three trim levels on the HR-V and Fit and five on the Civic, we’re confident there’s an affordable, practical, and high-tech car waiting here for you.
*For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
***Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.
****MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
*****Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.