Honda Pilot Safety Rating: Top Safety Pick+
The Honda Pilot has long been celebrated as a spacious, powerful, dependable SUV, and this year, it’s received a long list of upgrades that are expanding its capabilities in exciting ways. For the first time, Honda Sensing safety features are being offered standard in every trim, and our friends and neighbors in the Capital Region aren’t the only ones who are taking notice. According to the experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the 2019 Honda Pilot safety rating makes it a superior option for drivers of all stripes. Indeed, they’ve just announced that the new Pilot has received their highest honor, the coveted Top Safety Pick+ designation. Find out what sets this exceptional SUV apart by reading on.
Earning a Top-Tier Safety Score
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has been helping drivers find the safest vehicles for decades! They put every vehicle they test through a round of collisions designed to produce a comprehensive image of a vehicle’s safety and performance. If a vehicle performs well, it could be named as a Top Safety Pick, and if it exceeds even the highest expectations, then it may be named as a Top Safety Pick+. In the space below, we’ve listed the stringent qualifications that a vehicle must meet in order to earn the latter award:
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver-Side Small Overlap Front collisions and Moderate Overlap Front collisions.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Side, Roof Strength and Head Restraint tests.
- An ‘Acceptable’ or better rating in Passenger-Side Small Overlap collisions
- Available ‘Advanced’ or ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection Systems
- Available Headlights with a ‘Good’ Rating
Safety Features of the Honda Pilot
The Pilot’s array of Active, Passive, and Driver-Assistive safety features leaves nothing to be desired. Its visibility aids and Honda Sensing safety features help you avoid dangerous scenarios, and its Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure can stand up to dangerous, unavoidable collisions. Every trim of this all-wheel drive Honda offers Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control and available Intelligent Variable Torque Management.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor (Standard in EX and up)
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive (Available in LX and up, Standard in Elite)
Take the Pilot for a Test Drive at Your Local Honda Dealer!
There’s never been a better time to take a closer look at our current offers! The 2019 Honda Pilot safety rating makes it one of the best SUVs for the Tri-State Area’s families, and when you act quickly, you can take it home for a great price. Contact your local dealership today to schedule your turn behind the wheel!