2019 Honda Civic LX vs. EX
As noted by The Car Connection: “It’s hard to make a great car even better, but with the 2019 Civic, Honda has done so.” The latest lineup makes good on everything you’d expect from this exceptional compact, but drivers sometimes find it hard to decide on the right Honda Civic Sedan trim level to meet their needs.
To provide a helping hand, we’ve compared Honda Civic LX vs. EX on:
- Price and Residual Value
- Power and MPG
Price and Residual Value
Starting price is a natural starting point when comparing Honda Civic Sedan trim levels, but it’s also wise to also take predicted residual value into account to understand how much the vehicle might be worth when you come to sell:
- Honda Civic Sedan LX Price: $19,450 MSRP*.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX Price: $23,400 MSRP*.
- Honda Civic Sedan LX Residual Value: Predicted 47% after 36 months or 34% after 60 months.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX Residual Value: Predicted 50% after 36 months or 37% after 60 months.
Power and MPG
All Honda Civic Sedans deliver a phenomenal blend of power and efficiency, but upgrading from LX to EX takes things just that bit further.
- Honda Civic Sedan LX HP: Command up to 158 hp from a 2.0L engine.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX HP: Command up to 174 hp from a 1.5L turbocharged engine.
- Honda Civic Sedan LX MPG: Six-speed manual makes up to an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 36 on the highway**.
- Honda Civic Sedan EX MPG: CVT makes up to an EPA-estimated 32 mpg in the city and 42 on the highway**.
With a higher starting price comes more features fitted as standard. Just a few amenities found with the EX but not the LX include:
- Heated Front Seats
- Dual Zone Climate Control
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Vanity Mirror
- Satellite Radio
- Power Moonroof
- Heated Exterior Mirrors
- 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat
We’ll Help Find the Right 2019 Honda Civic Sedan to Fit Your Lifestyle
The friendly team at your local Tri-State Honda dealer can talk you through everything from Honda Civic Sedan configurations to the latest special offers. To find out more, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $920.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.