2019 Honda Fit: Best City Car
Urban drivers need a vehicle to be able to do a lot. Versatility, maneuverability, and fuel economy run high among the checklist when comparing the latest models. Let’s take a closer look at some of the top-selling hatchbacks that offer city-dwellers a commuter with style and convenience.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S
Comparing the fuel economy of these four hatchbacks, it becomes clear that the 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT offers the most impressive efficiency. Not only does it get the highest mpg in the city, but it is the most efficient on the highway too. That means, drivers of the Fit will have to fill up less frequently than the other hatchback options.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT – 33 city / 40 highway / 36 combined mpg*
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT – 30 city / 35 highway / 32 combined mpg
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback – 27 city / 35 highway / 30 combined mpg
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S – 31 city / 39 highway / 34 combined mpg
In terms of power, the Toyota Yaris and the 2019 Nissan Versa Note lag behind the others. The Ford Fiesta is close behind,
but the Honda Fit has the most power at 128 hp, which translates into quicker acceleration when you need it—from merging into traffic to making quick left turns.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT – 128 hp @ 6600 rpm
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT – 106 hp @ 6000 rpm
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback – 120 hp @ 6350 rpm
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S – 109 hp @ 6000 rpm
For urban drivers, cargo space can truly be a commodity. Versatility is the key in a hatchback, as it allows drivers to make room for cargo when they need to transport items, whether you’re moving across town or just picked up an antique coffee table. In terms of maximum cargo space, the Honda Fit has no competitor. Its second row bench seat is at a 60/40 split, andwhen folded flat, can create the largest amount of cargo space measuring at an impressive 52.7 cubic feet.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT – 52.7 cubic feet maximum cargo space
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT – n/a
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback – 25.2 cubic feet maximum cargo space
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S – 38.3 cubic feet maximum cargo space
If You’re Looking For a Versatile Subcompact with Great MPG Come Test Drive Today
The 2019 Honda Fit continues to come out on top among the subcompact hatchback class in almost every category. It’s no wonder that U.S. News and World Report ranks it as #1 in its class. Find out more information on the Honda Fit. by contacting us or visiting your nearest Tri-State Area Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and sit behind the wheel to experience the power and cargo space firsthand with a test drive today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.