Does the 2017 Honda Ridgeline Deliver Best-in-Class Fuel Economy?
Pickup trucks are known for a lot of things, but fuel efficiency isn’t one of them. At least, that’s how it used to be. Today’s trucks are becoming much more fuel efficient than their gas-guzzling predecessors. Case in point: the 2017 Honda Ridgeline. Best-in-class fuel economy is definitely something consumers are looking for as they shop for new vehicles, and the Ridgeline beats out various competitors in the realm of fuel efficiency. Take a look—then come in and see us for a test drive!
Fuel Efficiency Face-off
When it comes to fuel economy, the Honda Ridgeline truly shines in comparison to its top rivals.
Onboard Ridgeline 2WD models, motorists will enjoy an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.* In AWD Ridgeline models, EPA-estimated fuel economy is 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.*
In comparison, some of the Ridgeline’s leading competitors measure up this way when it comes to fuel efficiency:
- 2016 Chevy Colorado 4×4 (with V6 engine): 17 city mpg and 24 highway mpg
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4×4 (with V6 engine): 17-18 city mpg and 20-23 highway mpg
- 2016 Nissan Frontier 4×4: 15 city mpg and 21 highway mpg
Exclusive Features These Competitors Don’t Have
The Ridgeline has also truly stood out among its truck peers with a lineup of industry-exclusive amenities that no other truck on the road currently offers.
Included among them are the following first-in-the-world features:
- In-Bed Trunk: The Ridgeline is the very first truck anywhere to feature an in-bed trunk, which comes standard for each 2017 Ridgeline model. This innovative trunk offers 7.3 cubic feet of lockable cargo space; it also comes with cargo accessories and can even serve as an ice chest thanks to its built-in drain plug.
- Dual-Action Tailgate: Another industry first is the Ridgeline’s dual-action tailgate, which is the first tailgate anywhere that can swing open both horizontally and vertically.
- Truck-Bed Audio System: Yet another world first is the available truck-bed audio system featured onboard the Ridgeline. Drivers can listen to their favorite tunes while working or playing via this 540-watt in-bed sound system, which features six truck-bed-wall exciters and Bluetooth connectivity.
Ready to Experience the Game-Changing Ridgeline?
If you’re ready to experience what the 2017 Honda Ridgeline can do, head over to any Tri-State Honda Dealers location today. A member of our team awaits your visit and can go over the Ridgeline’s various features and options and then set you up on a test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.