Does the 2016 Ford Explorer Price Defeat the Competition?
If you’re among the many consumers who are in the market for an SUV, you’ve likely wondered about the 2016 Ford Explorer price as you’ve compared the latest models.
Does the cost of a new Explorer cover all the amenities and performance perks that you’re looking for? Or will a rival SUV like the 2016 Honda Pilot give you more for the money?
Keep reading as we explore these two nameplates and their prices and features side by side:
Prices and Trims
The Explorer is more expensive than the Pilot at each trim level. Trim levels and pricing are as follows for both vehicles.
2016 Pilot lineup:
- Honda Pilot LX: $30,145 MSRP* (for 2WD models)
- Honda Pilot EX: $32,580 MSRP* (for 2WD models)
- Honda Pilot EX-L: $36,055 MSRP* (for 2WD models)
- Honda Pilot Touring: $41,170 MSRP* (for 2WD models)
- Honda Pilot Elite: $46,570 MSRP*
2016 Explorer lineup:
- Explorer base model: Pricing begins at $31,050 MSRP
- Explorer XLT: Pricing begins at $33,400 MSRP
- Explorer Limited: Pricing begins at $41,300 MSRP
- Explorer Sport: Pricing begins at $43,500 MSRP
- Explorer Platinum: Pricing begins at $52,970 MSRP
Amenities for the Money
Already ahead of the Explorer in terms of cost, offering a lower price point for drivers, the Pilot also offers more features for the money.
Among amenities included in the base-model Pilot but not offered in the base-model Explorer, drivers will enjoy:
- Active head restraints
- Second- and third-row head restraints
- Available rear electronic parking aid with camera
- Locking fuel door with remote release
- Armrest storage
- Available towing pre-wiring
- Available fog lights
The Pilot further defeats the Explorer in other key ways, including interior spaciousness. Onboard the Pilot, passengers will enjoy up to 109.2 cubic feet of cargo capacity. The Ford Explorer provides only 81.7 cubic feet of cargo room. The Pilot also offers greater space for passengers, featuring seating for up to eight occupants, and up to 153.1 cubic feet of passenger room. In contrast, the Explorer seats only seven and offers just only 151.6 cubic feet of passenger volume.
Climb Aboard the Impressive Pilot
Consumers can take a closer look at the 2016 Honda Pilot and also try it out at any Tri-State Honda Dealers location.
Visit any of our associated dealerships or contact us today to learn more about the Pilot and take it for a test drive.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.